Ooooh hello new subscription box! This one has actually been going for a couple of month now, but I’ve just jumped on yet another bandwagon and signed myself up to the Flamingo Candles The Melt Crowd subscription.
For £10 per month (including delivery) you receive 8 full size wax melts and a 20% discount code to use on the Flamingo Candles website that month. On your first month you also a receive a free wax burner, in case you don’t have on already. In all honesty, the burner I received is not the greatest – I think it’s obvious in the photo above but it has quite a lot of flaws in the glaze, but I’m not really complaining. We already have quite a nice burner in the living room, so I’m happy to have this one tucked away in another room – it’s not actually cracked so I’m not concerned that it might break, it’s just that the glaze is a bit sloppy. I do think it’s a nice gesture to provide one, and I think I was just unlucky as other people’s seem to be fine.
Another thing that I like is that subsequent boxes are letterbox sized (all my fave subs boxes are – Lucky Dip Club, Geeky Little Stitcher, Fragrance Shop…). No red card of doom here! They’ll also have your hall smelling lush by the time you get home, these are seriously strong!
So without further ado, here’s a breakdown of the August selection:
- Kir Royale – Blackcurrant and wine inspired by the classic cocktail. I like this one indeed.
- Doughnuts – a preview of their upcoming Circus collection. Foodie/cake scents are a bit of a miss with me, but if you like sweet, doughy smells, that’s exactly what this is.
- Dahlia – Melt Crowd exclusive. Weirdly I’m also not a massive fan of purely floral scents but I imagine this one will be popular.
- Pomegranate and Cider – MMMM this is more like it. Fruity but warm, it’s my favourite this month.
- Ginger and Lime – Does what it says on the wrapper, I do love this one too. It’s more lime than ginger so a great summer fragrance.
- Fresh Cotton – Melt Crowd exclusive. I do also have the Yankee Candle version of this scent and I do have to say that the Yankee one is a little more successful – it smells clean and pure, while this one edges a little too much on the “bathroom clean” side for me. That said, I’m planning a deep clean of the house at the weekend and I’ll for sure have this burning afterwards to up the freshness factor.
- Green Apples – Strange that this would be a red melt with a green wrapper… but it smells like apples and you can’t go wrong with that! love this one too.
- Strawberries and Champagne – so unsurprisingly the booze inspired scents have gone down well with me this month! This is a very sweet, candied strawberry smell which I’m currently burning and very much enjoying. It’s making my room smell like the perfect girly, blogging space.
Can’t wait to see what’s in next month’s box. I’m crossing my fingers for some cosy scents now we’re heading towards autumn. Pumpkin spiced latte anyone? I jest, I jest…