I signed up for the Fragrance Shop Discovery Club back in April for the Spring edition and to be honest, I then forgot all about it. So it was a very pleasant surprise when the Summer edition landed on my doorstep last week. Firstly, I love the packaging – the yellow and blue feels very beachy and I always appreciate a letterbox friendly parcel! It was also stuffed with 8 perfume samples – five for me and three for the man. Here’s what was included:
- Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie – green freshness from cactus blossom with floral at it’s heart and cedarwood to warm. I love this one!
- Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne – a citrus explosion with masculine leather and spicy tonka been that will transport you to memories of heady summer nights.
- Givenchy Dahlia Divin – soft, almost powdery peach with jasmine and vanilla musk. A very feminine scent.
- 007 For Women – black pepper lends a spicy hit to blackberry and jasmine with a rich base of vanilla, musk and cedarwood. More unique and classy than you might expect for a ‘novelty’ choice.
- Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue Sunset in Salina – Similar to the Paco Rabanne but fresher and lighter with vine leaves, freesia and orange flower with an amber base.
- Prada Luna Rossa Sport (for men) – an energetic blend of ginger, juniper berries and lavender.
- Dolce and Gabbana – Intenso (for men) – again featuring lavender, this one is woodier and deeper with basil the companion.
- Loewe Solo Loewe Cedro – a woody fragrance with cedarwood, amber and gayac wood, this one is freshened with citrus and spicy pink pepper.
I’m very happy with this box, I like all of the women’s fragrances and I know that David also likes his. I love getting these little perfume samples – perfume tends to last me a really long time so it’s nice to mix it up without breaking the bank (or overloading my dresser). The club costs £5 per quarter but you can also get a one off box whenever you like. You will also receive money off vouchers for all of the featured fragrances. Good deal in my book.