The reason that I love subscription boxes is that it is essentially getting a little gift for yourself. There is literally a box that fits everyone, whether you’re a beauty lover, a stationery geek or a massive foodie. And if you’re a bit of a lush (in a good way of course), well, there’s a new box on the scene for you. Meet Tipple Box.
A start-up from Edinburgh, Tipple Box offers a monthly delivery of everything you need to enjoy a cheeky craft cocktail. The kit includes the alcohol, mixers, garnishes, recipe and even the shaker. All you need is a glass and some ice. Each kit includes enough for up to 8 servings so enough to add a dash of flair to a cocktail party or for a pretty fun night in yourself (ahem, drink responsibly folks!). You’ll be a cocktail connoisseur in no time, wowing your chums with your refined taste and mad mixology skills.
The Tipple Box service costs £24 per month (just £3 per cocktail) but you can pre-order the first box for just £20 at Indiegogo here. This closes on November 15th 2014, so be quick! You definitely don’t want to miss out on the craft cocktail revolution.
I have a sneaky peek at one of their first cocktails for you as a taster of what you can expect. This is the Lady Marmalade (I would have called it The Paddington Bear but maybe beloved childhood characters aren’t an appropriate reference point for cocktails):
1. Fill half of your Shaker Jar with ice (we recommend the crushed stuff)
2. Pour one bottle of the Chase Marmalade Vodka into the Shaker Jar
3. Pour half a bottle of the Fever-Tree Sicilian Lemonade into the Shaker Jar
4. Add half the jar of the Tiptree marmalade
5. Slice your lemon in half, squeeze the juice from one half into the jar (don’t use it all, you’ll need the other half for garnish)
6. Put the lid on the jar, hold on tight and shake for 10 to 20 seconds
7. Pour your Lady Marmalade into ice filled glasses or drink straight from the jar
8. Garnish with a slice of lemon
9. Repeat for a second jars worth
Doesn’t that sound delicious?! The ingredients are all sourced from high quality, premium suppliers which I think will make Tipple Box really stand out. You know you are getting great quality and good value for money here.
I personally can’t wait to start honing my cocktail skills – it’s certainly going to liven up X Factor night! I’m really excited for this new venture and I’m looking forward to seeing how they develop. For more information and to pre-order visit the campaign page here and their website here.