It’s the most wonderful time of the year…
Following on from my previous post on seasonal living for Autumn I thought I’d share a quick note on how that went and also what I’m looking forward to about Winter.
Firstly, Autumn is always quite difficult I think with the days getting shorter and the light disappearing. However, I did appreciate some stuff about it this year. I really enjoyed the Guy Fawkes Night display we went to at Cheltenham Racecourse. I read some great, seasonally appropriate books (lots of horror for Halloween). And I’ve really enjoyed cosy evenings at home with candles burning and lots of food.
So the number one thing I am looking forward to for this winter (and every winter) is Christmas! I am a big Christmas person, I already have the majority of gifts bought, decorations are up and the festive jumpers are out. The risk with this is the inevitable crash after Christmas mood-wise if that’s all you’re looking forward to, so I have included lots of post-Christmas things to focus on to avoid this:
- Two weeks off work! My first full fortnight off since August 2014
- Christmas songs on the radio
- Seeing friends and family and having about 5 separate Christmas celebrations
- Snow? It’s snowing at home in Edinburgh so hopefully it moves south soon!
- January sales
- Award season films
- New Year resolutions – hitting the diet with a vengeance…in January
- Moving house
- Valentine’s Day (including February in the winter season)
- Winter fashions – all the scarves and boots please.
What are you looking forward to over the next couple of months?