It’s Fridaaaayyy! What you drinking? This is the real Black Friday for guys and gals who work in bars across the country, it being the last Friday before Christmas. Can you say ‘office party’? For people who want to avoid the madness, here’s my current favourite tipple to have while lying on the couch. And on the coffee table when things escalate.
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add one shot of Jack Daniels. Or two if you are mental.
- Top with Crabbie’s Ginger Beer. I like this one as you’re doubling up the alcohol but you can use non-alcoholic ginger ale of course. I love Bundaberg but it’s a little tricky to get in the UK. Old Jamaica is a good choice if you like it spicy.
- Garnish with a lime wedge (give it a good squeeze before you chuck it in though).
- Optional – if you find it a bit sharp, or just like things a bit sweeter stir in a teaspoon on castor sugar.
I think drinks with ginger in them are quite festive so this is a really easy cocktail to put on it you’re throwing a Christmas soiree. As a bonus, it’s not pink or fruity so won’t isolate your macho guy chums. Not that it should matter but apparently it does to some.