Who would like a cookie?
I wanted to try something else with my neon sugar sprinkles that wasn’t a cupcake so I went for these Confetti Cookies. They are adapted from a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. I just swapped the chips for sprinkles, believe me though, if I had both they would be going in.
250g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
200g soft light brown sugar
100g castor sugar
150g unsalted butter (melted)
1 egg and 1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Mixed neon sprinkles
Preheat the oven to 170c or 150C for a fan oven. Makes 12 approx.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugars and the butter together
- Mix the eggs and vanilla extract and add to the sugar and butter. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add to bowl with flour. Mix until just blended.
- Stir in the sprinkles
- Blob tablespoons of mixture onto a greased baking tray. Do not flatten, they’ll do it themselves in the oven. MAke sure you leave space between them, I used two baking trays with six on each but they still joined up. Four per tray would be better.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
When you put your tray(s) in the oven, make sure your oven shelf is straight or you’ll end up with a cookie corner like I did!