Truffles of all kinds are an indulgent, satisfying treat that are so easy to make at home. They keep really well and make lovely gifts wrapped in a nice presentation box at Christmas (or any time), although if you are planing on doing this I would take more care in shaping them than I did in the above photo! Oops! Oh well it doesn’t change the flavour.
1 pack of Oreo biscuits
1 pack of Philadelphia cream cheese (or similar)
1 bar chocolate of your choosing
Makes around 15 truffles.
- First of all you need to crumb the oreos. You can do this is in a food processor or the more fun way – stick them in a sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin untill you have only fine crumbs left.
- Pop the crumbs into a bowl with the cream cheese and mix well.
- Put this mixture in the fridge for around half an hour. If you skip this step you’ll end up with sticky fingers and messy truffles like I did in the above photo so don’t skip it!
- Melt your chocolate.
- Roll oreo and cream cheese mixture into small balls and dip into the chocolate.
- Set on greaseproof paper and leave to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
1 Small jar of Nutella
12 Chocolate Digestives (or similar)
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
Cocoa powder for dusting
Makes around 15 truffles
- Smash up the digestive biscuits to a fine crumb.
- Melt the butter and the Nutella together
- Mix in the crushed biscuits
- Pop in the fridge for around 30 minutes
- Roll into small balls and roll in cocoa powder to decorate.
How easy was that? Enjoy your truffles!