Blondes have more fun! Brownies, without the chocolate, these will satisfy any sweet tooth. Like brownies, you can bake them for longer to get a cakey texture, like the picture above, or slightly less time to keep some of the gooeyness.
115g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
75g unsalted butter
180g brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 (or 3!) bags of M&Ms or similar
Preheat oven to 180C and line a 8 inch tin.
- Melt butter.
- Add brown sugar to butter and mix.
- Add egg to sugar mix (once butter has cooled slightly so that it doesn’t scramble the egg!) and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar and mix in.
- Stir in most of the M&Ms.
- Spread evenly into tin and sprinkle the rest of the M&Ms on top.
- Bake for 18 – 25 minutes depending on how gooey you want them.