These beauties almost taste even better than they look if that’s possible! This recipe has been re-pinned/blogged/shared all over the internet and I just wanted to share my attempt. The original recipe comes from Picky Palate who is infamous for her stuffed cookies. Also, there’s a Picky Palate book coming out soon, will be going on the Christmas wishlist for sure!
This recipe is surprisingly easy, so don’t shy away from it. Mine is a wee bit different and has the UK measurements. Makes 12.
115g unsalted butter
75g soft or golden brown sugar
115g caster sugar
200g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1 bag plain chocolate chips
1 packet Oreo cookies – get the Double Stuff if you can!
Preheat oven to 180C and grease some biscuit sheets. These babies are massive so you might need to put them in the oven in a couple of batches!
- Melt butter.
- Add brown and caster sugars to butter and mix.
- Add egg to sugar mix (once butter has cooled slightly so that it doesn’t scramble the egg!) and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and stir well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Take two balls of the cookie dough. Sandwich one Oreo between the two balls and squish down so that the cookie dough covers the Oreo. Gently flatten as much as you can, ensuring that the Oreo is sealed in all the way round.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until the edges start to look slightly toasted.
Then post them to me, I just can’t get enough of these!
These are amazing just out the oven (so long as you don’t burn your mouth). The Oreo takes on a cakey texture with a lovely soft creamy centre. Delicious!